Top Features: Centrifugal Fans & Heaters
- Huck Bolt Fasteners On Housings
- Highest Airflows in Industry
- Leveling Legs & Hanging Kits To Reduce Vibrations
Fans are the key to successful drying or aeration systems, which is why Sukup puts great effort into designing and manufacturing the best fans possible. As a result, Sukup is #1 in sales of centrifugal fans. Compare our reliability, prices and airflow (as tested by an independent laboratory) and you will discover for yourself why Sukup is #1.
All Sukup fans and heaters are factory-tested prior to shipment in order to ensure that our customers are getting a top-quality product that works properly from day one. Fans are tested for smoothness, motor performance and general operation. Plus, Sukup gives you a two-year limited warranty you can depend on.
Sukup fan housings, control boxes and motor mounts are made of heavy-duty galvanized steel to resist rust and stand up to the elements.
Plated screen guard over air intake provides for safe operation.
Curved, spun inlet venturi improves efficiency. Green powder-coat paint over galvanized steel for ultimate rust protection.
Adjustable leveling legs on single inlet fans allow for easy leveling and support while giving more flexibility for adjusting to inconsistencies in concrete pads.
Exclusive lip easily connects the fan to the heater or transition to form an airtight seal.
Centrifugal Fan Blade
- Sukup’s special airfoil blades move more air due to the backward-curved, non-overloading design.
- Fan wheels are statically and dynamically balanced for smooth, trouble-free operation.
Sukup engineers test motor amperage and temperature under long-term, maximum-load conditions to ensure the motors will stand up under tough operating conditions.
- Magnetic starter
- Overload relay
- Start-stop buttons
- 115v circuit to interlock heater with fan (7.5 – 50 hp 1750 rpm)
Direct motor drive is standard for greater efficiency and less maintenance.
Integral motor mounts
· 1 phase, 230 volt
· 3 phase, 230 volt
· 3 phase, 460 volt
50 Hz and other voltages available upon request.
- Galvanized steel ensures long life.
- All seams overlap to prevent air leakage.
- Units bolt together easily.
- Special “nutserts” are attached directly to sheet metal, so only one wrench is needed to tighten bolts for assembly.
Optional transitions are available that fit between bin stiffeners.
Sukup 3500 RPM Fans
- Sukup offers a full line of high speed (3500 rpm) centrifugal fans.
- Ideal for deep grain depths, aerating small grains, and in situations where static pressure is high, as in commercial uses.
- Totally enclosed motors
Dual Inlet Fans
- Dual inlet fans are available for 30 hp, 40 hp and 50 hp 1750 rpm fans.
- The double-blade design blows away comparable single-blade fans in airflow and efficiency.
- The double inlet pulls air over the motor, completely utilizing motor heat in the process.
- Downstream heaters for dual inlet fans are available for high-capacity in-bin drying.
- Engine-driven dual inlet fans are also available.
Centrifugal In-line Fans
- Sukup In-Line Fans feature a centrifugal fan wheel built into an axial housing.
- 3500 rpm motor is specially engineered for high-performance Sukup blades to ensure maximum airflow.
- Ideal for higher static pressures found with small grains and higher grain depths.
- CSA models available in 18”, 24” and 28” sizes.
Extensive testing has produced a heater with an intense blue flame, allowing complete, clean combustion in up to 6” of static pressure. Independent tests have shown the Sukup heater burns within the highest efficiency range.
A coiled vaporizer is available to burn liquid propane where more heat is required, such as in colder climates. Two-way adjustment allows for operation over a wider range of outside temperatures.
The exclusive Sukup vaporizer high limit features manual reset, so you will know if the vaporizer needs to be readjusted.
By placing the heater downstream between the fan and transition, air goes through the fan and then is heated. Because air expands as it is heated, this design gives up to 20% greater drying capacity than a conventional upstream heater placed on the fan inlet.
The standard divided control box separates gas and electrical components while protecting them from the elements.
Sukup heaters feature a special solid-state circuit board for simpler, safer and more trouble-free operation.
Benefits of Sukup solid-state controls include:
- The Sukup stainless steel flame sensor is more reliable and will last longer than traditional flame probes.
- Unique, separate transformer produces an aggressive spark for reliable, easy ignition.
- Solid-state circuitry allows additional safety features for greater reliability.
- Circuit board carries a three-year limited warranty.
Sukup heater housings have a large service door to allow easy access to internal heater components. A sight glass in the top of the housing allows for easy inspection while burning.
|Model||Typical Temperature Rise|
Heater Control Options
- Thermostat cycles burner off and on.
- Modulating valve automatically adjusts gas pressure to maintain constant drying temperature in the bin plenum.
- High-low Thermostat continuous flame cycles between higher and lower gas pressures, providing more uniform temperature with greater reliability. Not for low temperature systems.
- Humidistat also available for lo-temp and Super Lo-Temp models.
- Dual burner controls with optional gauges allow control of multiple heaters from one control box, ensuring they are cycling on and off together for even heat.
- The deluxe control box includes a static pressure gauge and thermometer, along with the temperature controller.