This position is responsible for the service, repair, and installation of Sukup products. This role desires a high degree of communication with customers; the ability to interpret and communicate complex concepts into simple terms and problem solve. The position works closely assisting the Service Manager with assigned duties.
Essential Job Requirements:
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination, relative to the application of general mechanical/technical and mathematic concepts to practical situations
- Basic computer programs; ability to use Microsoft office (Word, Excel) and Microsoft Outlook (Email)
- Experience servicing grain handling equipment or field service type work
- Hands-on mechanical experience and/or knowledge of electrical diagrams and wiring
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, adapt to change and excel in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures
- Proven problem solving abilities with the ability to work without direct supervision
- Operation of a commercial motor vehicle having a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 26,0001 or more pounds and maintenance of Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Availability to work extended hours to work overtime and perform extensive travel
- Ability to converse with external and internal customers easily so that they can comprehend the information easily
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence as needed
- Assist and/or manage installation of Sukup equipment
- Provide technical advice and information on dealer/customer installation and service of Sukup products
- Perform service/repair work on Sukup products domestically and internationally, as required.
- Involvement in the quality assurance inspection and review; research and development projects and testing of Sukup products
- Assist with and/or supervise construction projects at Sukup facilities or at trade shows
- Assist with backorder and shortage deliveries
- Adhere to all safety rules, procedures and practices
- Maintain current knowledge of equipment, technology and resources related to repair and servicing of equipment
- Provide the highest level of customer service possible
- Proper, orderly maintenance of tools, equipment, manuals, work space and/or vehicle used for company business
- Operate a commercial motor vehicle; maintenance of Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL); and adhere to DOT regulations and guidelines
- Utilize computer skills to prepare reports and document service calls
- Develop and present Sukup product installation and service training sessions
- Extensive overnight travel and regular overtime
- Other duties as assigned
*must be eligible
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is, and will continue to be, the policy of Sukup Manufacturing Co. to practice a program of equal employment designed to assure that all employment decisions and advancement opportunities are made available to all employees and applicants on the basis of individual qualifications and without unlawful regard to race, religion, veteran status, national origin, disability, age or sex.
In addition to providing equal employment opportunities, it is also our policy to provide an environment free from unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment. Any alleged violation of this policy will be investigated and disciplinary action will follow as required.