Engineer needed for the design of agricultural material handling products. This position works with sales staff to specify and engineer bucket elevators and conveyor products to determined requirements for use in agricultural applications. Engineer will coordinate design to designer/drafter for final design and manufacture.
Essential Job Requirements:
BS in Agricultural or Mechanical Engineering preferred. Candidate should have knowledge of agricultural products such as augers, bin unloading equipment, grain storage bins, bucket elevators, drag conveyors, hy-flight conveyors, and grain dryers. A basic knowledge of agriculture and grain storage helpful.
Experience using Solidworks or other solid modeling CAD software preferred.
- Works with sales staff and customers to determine product requirements and engineer agricultural products to required specifications
- Assist Purchasing staff with purchased component specification and selection
- Coordinate design to designer/drafter for final design and manufacture
- Check work to ensure accuracy of spelling, drawing format and organization, dimension and tolerance convention, and conformance with Engineering Standards
- Produce and maintain accurate bills of material
- Assist with troubleshooting manufacturing issues and issues with agricultural products in real world applications
*must be eligible
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is, and will continue to be, the policy of Sukup Manufacturing Co to practice a program of equal employment designed to assure that all employment decisions and advancement opportunities are made available to all employees and applicants on the basis of individual qualifications and without unlawful regard to race, religion, veteran status, national origin, disability, age or sex.
In addition to providing equal employment opportunities, it is also our policy to provide an environment free from unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment. Any alleged violation of this policy will be investigated and disciplinary action will follow as required.