A Project Manager, or PM, is responsible for leading a cross-functional team of professionals in completing projects by a set deadline to uphold strategic business initiatives. Their duties include setting or adjusting project schedules to adhere to deadlines. They work closely with upper management and project team members to establish project needs, deadlines and budgets. Their job is to delegate tasks among their team members. This position will need a high level of communication between various Sukup Manufacturing departments to effectively facilitate the operations and execution of these projects.
Project Manager I works under direct supervision of a more senior project manager, this position oversees a small project or phase(s) of a larger project, and has responsibility for all aspects of the project over the entire project life (initiate, plan, execute, control, close). The Project Manager I must be familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
Essential Job Requirements:
Background in Business Administration or Management preferred or five or more years’ related experience. Candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to multitask and prioritize is essential. Strong leadership aptitude and conflict resolution skills are paramount. Candidate should possess outstanding customer service skills and be able to interact professionally in any situation.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
Experience in Smartsheets and/or Power BI.
This role will be responsible for the coordination of projects of Sukup Manufacturing Co. with maintaining the company goals and core values.
- Coordinate team selection with Director of Special Projects and CAO
- Coordinate time required for project with Managers of all team members
- Coordinate the team throughout all project management phases
- Ensure that all team members have the required information and resources to carry out their tasks effectively
- Monitor the team’s work time on a daily basis
- Manage large and diverse teams and projects (sometimes simultaneously)
- Lead daily/weekly stand-ups and meetings as needed
- Meet with individual team members to find and fix any issues
- Foster a culture based on accountability
Outside customer-oriented responsibilities:
- Manage communication with external and internal stakeholders (independent contractors, sponsors, executives, etc.)
- Organize and participate in client meetings
- Ensure compliance with project requirements and business needs
- Bring together all company units to meet project demands
General business responsibilities:
- Maintain department and business relationships
- Contribute to the development of the company, its processes, and its projects
- Recommend further improvements
- Align the company’s strategic plans with the project’s objectives and outcomes
- Create a detailed project management plan and other project documents
- Serve as the point of contact for teams when multiple divisions are assigned to the same project to ensure synergy
- Guide incoming and outgoing project files
- Provide solutions to project-related issues
- Define the project’s scope
- Set long and short term milestones and deadlines
- Maintain budget and revenue estimates & manage projects within allotted budgets
- Manage project resources and their costs
- Assign, prioritize, and supervise project tasks
- Implement and manage changes
- Detect, report, and fix issues whenever necessary
- Identify, prevent, and manage risks
- Submit deliverables and ensure they adhere to quality standards
- Perform any other relevant, project-related duties when needed
- Other duties assigned and other events as opportunity arises.
*must be eligible
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is, and will continue to be, the policy of Sukup Manufacturing Co. to practice a program of equal employment designed to assure that all employment decisions and advancement opportunities are made available to all employees and applicants on the basis of individual qualifications and without unlawful regard to race, religion, veteran status, national origin, disability, age or sex.
In addition to providing equal employment opportunities, it is also our policy to provide an environment free from unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment. Any alleged violation of this policy will be investigated and disciplinary action will follow as required.