This individual will provide/administer comprehensive technical knowledge of all tasks and responsibilities associated with quality engineering and management. Responsible that purchased parts, manufactured products are at acceptable levels of quality and company procedures and processes are standard or better than industry standards. Candidate will work closely with area supervisors and Engineering Department and will communicate issues with Supply Chain Manager, Engineering, Sales, Plant Manager, and other senior management as needed.
Essential Job Requirements:
Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree and ASQ, CQM or CQE designation is preferred. Minimum of five years. Candidate should have excellent communication skills as the position will require training, coaching, and presenting information. Must be detail-oriented and be able to work under pressure.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Visio. Microsoft Access or other programming skills would be helpful.
- Implement all relevant procedures described in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and ensure compliance
- Ensure that all in-house systems and procedures are updated, revised and modified to meet the needs of external certification bodies
- Respond to all manufacturing, sales, supply chain or other concerns, putting in containment actions and implementing short-term and long-term countermeasures
- Champion a program for the implementation and sustainment of a continuous improvement culture
- Update quality documentation and communicate lessons learned from quality concerns
- Ensure that all necessary systems and procedures are in place to satisfy all manufacturing and engineering requirements and audits
- Problem solve, and introduce new systems and procedures where appropriate
- Train others in all aspects of the quality system and application of procedures
- Undertake internal and process audits of the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Management of the Quality Engineers, Returns Coordinator, and Technicians in the sign-off of parts, returns, and the resolution of internal/external quality concerns
- Establish and refine quality RMA and warranty instructions, standards and documentation
- Report against agreed quality metrics on a monthly basis
- Lead regular inspection meetings with representatives from appropriate departments to establish an action plan for improving build quality
- In conjunction with the Supplier Quality Assurance function, reduce the effect of non-conforming supplier materials on the production area quality
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
- Produce written reports and make presentations
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Meet with Auditors, review responsibilities and provide needed documentation
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
- Ensure KPIs are met by working to the overall plan, including management of, and reporting
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required
- Communicate with personnel at all levels, internally and externally to the Company, in relation to Quality matters
- Build and lead 5S Committee
- Execute 5S audits yearly
*must be eligible
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is, and will continue to be, the policy of Sukup Manufacturing Co to practice a program of equal employment designed to assure that all employment decisions and advancement opportunities are made available to all employees and applicants on the basis of individual qualifications and without unlawful regard to race, religion, veteran status, national origin, disability, age or sex.
In addition to providing equal employment opportunities, it is also our policy to provide an environment free from unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment. Any alleged violation of this policy will be investigated and disciplinary action will follow as required.