This individual, as a member of the R&D team, will work jointly with product engineering teams to develop new and current Sukup Manufacturing products. Troubleshoot engineering-related problems in manufacturing and in the field. Perform prototype testing, record results and provide analysis.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology or Agricultural Systems Technology or equivalent work experience
- Proficient fabrication skills
- Ability to operate fabrication machinery (Mill, lathe, press brake, iron worker, etc.)
- Ability to interpret shop drawings
- Solidworks and Solidworks Enterprise PDM software experience
- Adept at Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook
- Well-developed communication, conflict management, interpersonal and team-building skills
- Creative problem-solving techniques
- Ability to prioritize work by determining sequencing and timing of jobs based on precedence and importance
- Provide technical assistance for product prototyping, and day-to-day troubleshooting.
- Prepare diagrams and schematics of components and assemblies with of the overall product design.
- Produce and maintain accurate bills of material.
- Perform engineering-related tasks as required for production, engineering and service support.
- Design parts and assemblies in conformance with Engineering Standards.
- Collect, record, organize and analyze experimental testing results.
- Design and fabricate fixtures to aid with prototype testing and general production.
- Attend various meetings and act/ communicate instructions
- Produce written reports and organize presentations
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required
- Other duties as assigned
*must be eligible
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is, and will continue to be, the policy of Sukup Manufacturing Co. to practice a program of equal employment designed to assure that all employment decisions and advancement opportunities are made available to all employees and applicants on the basis of individual qualifications and without unlawful regard to race, religion, veteran status, national origin, disability, age or sex.
In addition to providing equal employment opportunities, it is also our policy to provide an environment free from unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment. Any alleged violation of this policy will be investigated and disciplinary action will follow as required.