Ames, IA or Sheffield, IA
Structural Engineer II needed for the design of steel structures. This position works with sales staff to engineer custom steel structures to required specifications for use in agricultural applications. Engineer will coordinate design to designer/drafter for final design and manufacture.
Essential Job Requirements:
Masters Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering required. Candidate should have minimum 5 years of experience with tower support structures for supporting overhead catwalks, catwalks for supporting agricultural conveying equipment, and support structures for elevated tanks. Knowledge of building codes related to agricultural applications, and basic knowledge of agriculture and grain storage helpful. Experience using Solidworks or other solid modeling CAD software preferred. Experience using RISA preferred.
- Calculates loads and stresses on structures, investigates the strength of members and beams, and determines whether or not a structure can function safely.
- Works with sales staff to engineer custom steel structures to required specifications.
- Coordinate design to designer/drafter for final design and manufacture.
- Assist with troubleshooting manufacturing issues and issues with steel structures in real world applications.
- Check work to ensure accuracy of spelling, drawing format and organization, dimension and tolerance convention, and conformance with Engineering Standards.
- Produce and maintain accurate bills of material.
*must be eligible
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is, and will continue to be, the policy of Sukup Manufacturing Co to practice a program of equal employment designed to assure that all employment decisions and advancement opportunities are made available to all employees and applicants on the basis of individual qualifications and without unlawful regard to race, religion, veteran status, national origin, disability, age or sex.
In addition to providing equal employment opportunities, it is also our policy to provide an environment free from unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment. Any alleged violation of this policy will be investigated and disciplinary action will follow as required.