Supply chain interns include experiences in: material planning, expediting, order fulfillment, transportation/Logistics, data & analytics, key performance measurement development & tracking, supplier development, and process improvement. Some projects may be short in duration with immediate feedback of results while others may dive deeper into fundamental challenges facing current Supply Chain organizations. Experiences will vary in depth and difficulty, but will prepare the individual for the real-world challenges facing Supply Chain operations in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Pursuing a degree in Supply Chain preferred
- Ability to effectively work in teams and individually effectively work in teams and individually
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office tools
- Basic knowledge of ERP systems
- Data analysis
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to work independently
- Able to balance strategic and tactical tasks with equal enthusiasm
- Ability to learn purchasing procedures and policies.
- Results driven
- Other duties as assigned
Project-based assignments mentored by a Supply Chain team member which may include the following:
- Identify opportunities for higher efficiency followed by process development and deployment
- Analyze data and share insights leading to action
- Assist Supply Chain leadership in implementing strategic projects
- Interface with key stakeholders (internal customers) of Supply Chain
- Inventory, shipping, receiving, and material handling process improvements
- Presentation of project results to company leadership
*must be eligible
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is, and will continue to be, the policy of Sukup Manufacturing Co. to practice a program of equal employment designed to assure that all employment decisions and advancement opportunities are made available to all employees and applicants on the basis of individual qualifications and without unlawful regard to race, religion, veteran status, national origin, disability, age or sex.
In addition to providing equal employment opportunities, it is also our policy to provide an environment free from unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment. Any alleged violation of this policy will be investigated and disciplinary action will follow as required.