The Machinist will be responsible for reading sketches, blueprints and CAD specifications, setting up and operating machines and tools, computing sizes and dimensions of tools and dies, and testing completed products.
Essential Job Requirements:
Assure that all products are built to the highest standard of quality. This employee will work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency. Overtime hours and some Saturdays will be required.
- High School diploma, Associates Degree preferred and/or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of reading blue prints
Safety Skills: Standing, bending, pushing and pulling are required. Individual must follow all company and safety rules and policies. The use of personal protective equipment will be required.
- Read blueprints, sketches, and CAD diagrams
- Set up, operate, and disassemble manual, automatic, and computer numerically controlled machine tools
- Align, secure, and adjust cutting tools and workpieces
- Turn, mill, drill, shape, and grind machine parts to specifications
- Read blueprints, sketches, specifications, or CAD/CAM files for making tools and dies
- Compute and verify dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of workpieces
- Test completed toll and dies to ensure that they meet specifications
- Other duties as assigned
*must be eligible
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is, and will continue to be, the policy of Sukup Manufacturing Co. to practice a program of equal employment designed to assure that all employment decisions and advancement opportunities are made available to all employees and applicants on the basis of individual qualifications and without unlawful regard to race, religion, veteran status, national origin, disability, age or sex.
In addition to providing equal employment opportunities, it is also our policy to provide an environment free from unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment. Any alleged violation of this policy will be investigated and disciplinary action will follow as required.