California Transparency in Supply Chains Act
The California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 (SB 657) and the UK Modern Slavery Act of 2015 require companies doing business in California and the United Kingdom, respectively, to disclose actions (if any) taken to address, prevent and avoid the issues of slavery and human trafficking.
Sukup Manufacturing Co. (“Sukup”) respects human rights and strives to comply with all applicable laws. As a grain storage and handling manufacturer, Sukup’s main supply chain involves steel for manufacturing into finished goods. Sukup believes this type of supply chain is not inherently susceptible to violations of slavery and human trafficking laws and Sukup strives to utilize as much North American supply chain as we can. Thus, while Sukup has not undertaken action with the intent of specifically addressing California Civil Code Sections 1714.43(c)(1) – (c)(5) or enacted any policies specifically addressing modern slavery and human trafficking, Sukup recognizes and respects all labor and employment laws, including those addressing slavery and human trafficking, wherever Sukup operates.
Obeying all applicable laws is the foundation on which Sukup’s business ethics standards are built and we expect that our employees as well as vendors and suppliers are committed to that as well. Further, Sukup takes seriously all potential legal or ethics violations and expects all employees to comply with our policies and to actively engage against any violations by reporting suspected violations to their supervisors or human resources representatives. Any concerns about human rights, forced labor, human trafficking or slavery may be raised by contacting by HumanResources@sukup.com, an employee’s supervisor, or Sukup Corporate Counsel.
Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy
It is the policy of Sukup Manufacturing Co. (“Sukup") that Sukup and its employees do not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, suggestions, proposals, comments or materials, including for new or improved products, services or technologies, product or service enhancements, processes, advertising campaigns, promotions, marketing plans or new product or service names (collectively, "Submissions"). Please do not send any Submissions in any form to Sukup or any of its employees.
The sole purpose of this policy is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes when Sukup's products, services, marketing or other projects might seem similar to any Submissions made to Sukup.
TERMS GOVERNING SUBMISSIONS
If, despite our policy, you still submit your ideas to Sukup, the following terms shall apply to your Submissions, regardless of what your communication states. You agree that:
- Sukup will consider the Submissions to be non-confidential and non-proprietary.
- Sukup may use, copy, redistribute and disclose the Submissions for any purpose in any manner, without compensation to you or any other person or party.
- Sukup shall have no obligations concerning the Submissions, including no obligation to review the Submissions, return any materials, or acknowledge receipt of the Submissions.
If you do not agree to these terms, please do not send us any Submissions.
User Generated Content and Submissions to Sukup
Any dealer, customer, or third party accessing Sukup Websites (as defined at www.sukup.com/privacy) submitting or uploading information, ideas, images, videos, or media of any kind (“User-Generated Content”) to Sukup Manufacturing Co. ( “Sukup”) grants Sukup a royalty-free, indefinite, freely-transferable right and license to use the uploaded content in whatever manner Sukup desires, including, but not limited to, uses such as copying, modifying, adapting, publishing, translating, creating derivative works from, selling, distributing, and incorporating in any manner which Sukup wishes, into medium.
Sukup shall not be obligated in any way to provide compensation in any form for, respond in any manner to, or maintain in confidence any uploaded material.
Any third party accessing Sukup Websites and uploading User-Generated Content hereby agrees that the submissions which they provide:
- Are not in any way abusive, unlawful (civil or criminally), obscene, offensive, threatening, harassing, pornographic, or in any manner against the values or Sukup;
- In no way violates any existing copyright, trademark, intellectual property right, trade secret, or privacy of any person or entity;
- Does not contain any form of virus, harmful component, or related technological harm
The individual or entity uploading User-Generated Content to Sukup Websites remains solely responsible for the content uploaded. The uploading individual or entity also agrees to hold Sukup harmless from and against all third-party claims, damages, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) against or incurred by Sukup arising out of any User-Generated Content you upload and submit to the Sukup website.
Sukup disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for any User-Generated Content without limitation. Visitors and users of Sukup Websites assume all liability and risk for using or relying on any User-Generated Content uploaded to Sukup Websites.
All User-Generated content uploaded to Sukup Websites automatically and without reservation becomes and indefinitely remains the property of Sukup. By uploading any User-Generated Content, the individual or entity uploading the content understands and agrees that:
- No confidentiality exists between the uploading party and Sukup with regard to the User-Generated Content;
- No rights may be claimed against Sukup should Sukup choose to use any User-Generated Content, including, but not limited to, product, advertising, engineering, manufacturing, or other ideas;
- Should Sukup use the individual or entity’s User-Generated Content, or anything resembling the User-Generated Content, Sukup is under no obligation to provide the individual or entity with compensation or recognition of any sort.
Any dispute or controversy arising out of, or in connection with, the use of Sukup Websites shall be settled under the laws of the State of Iowa, USA, and the venue for the resolution of any dispute or controversy shall be in the Franklin County, Iowa, USA courts.
Sukup Manufacturing Co. reserves the right to update these legal disclaimers at any time.
Last updated: January 19, 2022